Lawn Enhancement Services
In addition to our Premium Lawn Care Package, we offer additional services to enhance your lawn. Each of these enhancements can go a long way to help achieve a rich and healthy lawn. At the time of an initial lawn consultation and/or in the Summer Lawn Analysis of the Premium Lawn Care Package, these services may be offered/recommended based on your individual needs. These include:
- Core Aeration
- Lawn Renovations
- Lime Application
- Irrigation Services
What is lawn aeration?
Lawn aeration is the process of removing cores of soil from the lawn using an aerator (commonly referred to as "core aeration"). When aeration is completed, plugs are pulled from the ground leaving 2.5” - 4” holes in the lawn. The holes relieve soil compaction and allow nutrients and water to go deep into the soil. Aeration is performed during the fall months of the year, after the heat and humidity of summer have broken.
What are the benefits of aeration?
There are many benefits to aerating your lawn, including:
- Reduces soil compaction
- Increases activity of soil microorganisms that decompose thatch
- Improves fertilizer uptake
- Enhances water uptake and use by soil
- Increases oxygen movement between the soil and atmosphere
- Enhances infiltration of rainfall and irrigation
- Helps prevent fertilizer and pesticide run-off from overly compacted areas
What is overseeding?
Overseeding is a way to introduce new and improved grass varieties to an existing lawn. Overseeding is the process of planting new grass seed over existing turf. The perfect time to add new varieties of turf grass to the lawn is right after the soil has been aerated. At Oracle Landscape, we use a premium blend of cool-season grass types (Kentucky Bluegrass, perennial Rye grass and Fescue) that are vigorous and competitive to help keep the lawn thick and healthy.
What are the benefits of overseeding your lawn?
Overseeding is one of the best steps you can take to improve the health and appearance of your lawn. Some of the benefits of overseeding include:
- Improves grass types
- Thicker and healthier grass
- Improves weed tolerance
- Improves drought tolerance
- Increases insect resistance
- Improves lawn color
what is a lawn renovation?
If your lawn requires more than the Premium Lawn Care Program can provide, a lawn renovation may be a necessary correction. A lawn renovation can range from a complete overhaul to a targeted approach of specific problem areas. Generally, a lawn renovation consists of the following:
- Aggressive mechanical cultivation to remove 1-2" of dead grass and/or thatch
- Top dress with a compost/soil mixture in order to create a proper seed bed and adjust surface grade
- Core aerate extensively and overseed with an appropriate seed mixture for sun or shade
- Hand rake at completion for proper finish grade
- Hydroseeding is also available in addition to the lawn renovation process in order to stabilized sloped on the surface, retain moisture on the seed bed and enhance the germination process (recommended for large/tricky areas)
Pelletized Lime treatment
Proper soil pH is one of the most important parts of establishing a healthy lawn. The most effective way to neutralize the acid in your soil is to apply lime. Lime adds calcium and magnesium to the soil which help to preserve the lawn's color and vigor. It also helps to repair any damages from the summer heat, drought or traffic stress. Calcium helps to regulate other beneficial nutrients such as zinc, copper and phosphorous. Lime can also mitigate toxic effects from a buildup of damaging nutrients like aluminum and manganese in you lawn which with reduce plant growth. Adding lime also nourishes the beneficial bacteria in the soil, especially when used in combination with compost. We recommend one lime treatment in the fall to maintain a balanced pH.
What are the Benefits of Lime Treatment?
- A lime treatment will balance the pH of your soil, which will help the fertilizer to work better
- The application of lime will provide a better growing environment for your lawn
- Lime will improve the soil microbial activity of your lawn
- The application of lime will help prevent the growth of moss and certain acid growing weeds
- Enhances the color and vigor of your lawn
No matter how much you care for your lawn, you will only get results if the area is properly irrigated. Whether you have an existing irrigation system, would like repairs or expansions or need a system installed, we can help! Our licensed designer and installer can recommend the best solution in order to grow and maintain a healthy lawn.
Why do I need to irrigate?
Plants and grass need water to grow. In Southeastern New England, we are fortunate to have rainfall all year. However, late summer and early fall can be quite dry and without water, your grass will turn brown. Based on your individual needs, we can help determine the best system for your lawn to ensure it stays healthy and green during the growing season.